Who is it for?
The Skipper training for Mono and Catamarans is designed for already licensed skippers who need to refresh their skills or learn how to manage a Catamaran.
Skipper training – Minimum requirements
A valid international sailing license (RYA Day Skipper or above)
What do you get?
The Skipper training connects theory and practice and aims to boost your confidence when sailing and maneuvering All the topics (Basics, Maneuvers, Sail trim, etc.) will be thoroughly reviewed, explained and practised. It is also clear to everyone, that the more often one practices the better one becomes.
All maneuvres will be then reviewed and discussed together with the instructor.
Our Instructors have years of experience as Skipper or Regatta sailors. And with a maximum of 6 participants, there will be plenty of time for you to practice and improve.
Skipper training – Program
- Basics (Prop walk, Flow over the rudder blade, Boat types, Marinas, Taking charge)
- Safety onboard (Crew briefing, terminology, etc)
- Techniques (three-point turn, levers)
- Harbour manoeuvres (Mooring, Buoys, Anchoring)
- Sailing maneouvres (Reef, Sail trim, Tacking, Gybing, Man over board, Heaving to)
- Seamanship (knots, weather, lights)
- Various: Insurance, Safety
What is included and what is not:
- 3.5 Days Skipper training
- Tourist tax, Transitlog, Diesel
- Deposit insurance
- Boat charter, accommodation in a shared double cabin
- Interactive computer program „Harbour maneuvers for Mono and Catamaran“
- Sailing bag
- Travel costs to/from the Marina
Location and Time
NEW: from 2021, we offer our Skipper Training in four different locations: Punat and Biograd in Croatia and San Giorgio di Nogaro and Portopiccolo in Italy.
Start: Tuesday or Saturday at 17:00 or 14:00
End: Saturday or Tuesday at 9:00 or 13:00
Skipper training – Dates and prices
Please click HERE to check for dates and availability and book your skipper training!
And if you want to further your sailing skills, the courses for Yachtmaster Offshore are also available