Who is it for?
The RYA Yachtmaster shorebased online course is an advanced training for more experienced skippers to navigate safely on coastal and offshore passages. It provides you will all the theory knowledge required for the Yachtmaster Coastal/Offshore preparation week and exam. The online course can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection and you can go through it at your own pace and in the comfort of your home.
Theory knowledge at RYA Day Skipper level
RYA Yachtmaster shorebased theory – What do you get?
This online course will give you all the notions required to successfully take part in the Yachtmaster Coastal/Offshore practical week and exam. Passage planning, Radar, Advanced chart navigation, rules of the road (Colregs), signs and signals, tides and tidal streams, secondary ports, safety, anchoring, and much more.
The course is divided into 17 modules and you can stop and restart at any time, with a short quiz at the end of each module for you to test your understanding. Access to the online platform is granted for six months and for an unlimited number of hours. After taking this course you will be able to:
– prepare a detailed plan for a safe offshore passage
– calculate tidal heights, both for standard and secondary ports, and tidal streams, and work out your Course To Steer (CTS)
– understand the key regulations to avoid collisions at sea, rules of the road, etc., and the basics of radar and radar plotting
– recognize the lights and shapes of most vessels
– obtain the certificate for successfully attending the RYA Yachtmaster shorebased theory course
325 GBP (approx 399 Euro)
What’s included (RYA Day Skipper Theory):
The training package includes:
– RYA Yachtmaster shorebased handbook
– 2 RYA training charts for the exercises
– Exercise Booklet
– RYA Training almanac
– Shipping (costs depend upon your delivery address)
– Portland plotter and dividers (optional – recommended)
Should you have problems with the course or require assistance to go through some of the modules, you can easily call us (+43 664 88360842) or send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will help you to get through
How to book:
Simply fill out the order form!
Click on the button below, choose the course and any extras you would like to add, fill out the form with your details and pay. Upon successful payment, you will receive a confirmation of your purchase with the access codes to the online course. We will also send you the training pack via courier, so please allow it a few days to get to you.
Course delivered in cooperation with Skippers Online