Who is it for?
The RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Shorebased course is an intensive theory course to prepare you for the Coastal Skipper practical and a recommended learning to access the Yachtmaster Coastal/Offshore practical preparation and exam.
Theory knowledge at Day Skipper level at the minimum
RYA Yachtmaster Offhore Shorebased – What do you get?
This course will guide you to thoroughly master the process of calculating tidal heights and tidal streams. This will help you calculate your estimated position (EP) and Course To Steer (CTS) in tidal waters. We will also refresh your knowledge about the ‘rules of the road’ (Colregs), signs and signals, and weather. Extensive time will be spent dealing with passage planning, taking into account all of the elements above, tidal streams, and more.
The course is administered over 40+ hours of tuition, split over two weekends, also including some interactive online webinars. After taking this course you will:
– Be able to properly work out tidal heights in both primary and secondary ports
– Be capable of calculating tidal streams
– Master the calculation of Course To Steer and be able to safely plan your passage
– Go through the 4 essential steps of a passage planning
– Obtain the RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Shorebased Certificate
There are three exam papers to go through to obtain your certificate, focussed on chartwork, IRPCS and passage planning.
If successful, you will obtain the Yachtmaster Offshore Shorebased certificate.
- 40+ hours tuition (mix of class and webinar) from an RYA qualified instructor
- Yachtmaster Offshore training package, including:
- RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Shorebased handbook
- 2 RYA training charts for the exercises
- Exercise booklet
- Weather booklet
- Training Almanac
- Telephone or online support
How to book:
Scroll the list of the courses in the box to the right (desktop) or at the bottom (mobile) of the page, choose the date that suits you, and click on it to start the booking process.
If no courses are shown, please give us a call at +43 664 88360842 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can discuss how we can help