Who is it for?
The RYA Day Skipper online course provides you with a comprehensive introduction to chartwork, navigation, meteorology, and the basics of seamanship. It delivers all the theory knowledge required to participate in the Day Skipper practical course. The online course can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection and you can go through it at your own pace and in the comfort of your home.
RYA Day Skipper theory – What do you get?
This online course will help you to understand and learn the fundamentals of the theory required before you take the practical RYA Day Skipper course. Chart navigation, rules of the road (Colregs), signs and signals, tides and tidal streams, secondary ports, safety, anchoring, and much more.
The course is divided into modules and you can stop and restart at any time, with a short quiz at the end of each module for you to test your understanding. The total study time is approx 40 hours. Access to the online platform is granted for 12 months and for an unlimited number of hours. After taking this course you will be able to:
– do chart navigation, plot a position fix, use clearing bearings and transits
– calculate tidal heights, both for standard and secondary ports, tidal streams, and work out your Course To Steer (CTS)
– understand the key regulations to avoid collisions at sea, rules of the road, etc.
– recognize the lights and shapes of the most common vessels and the appearance and light sequence of the most important signs and signals, including cardinal marks, lateral marks, etc.
– obtain the certificate for successfully attending the RYA Day Skipper theory course
295 GBP (approx 359 Euro)
What’s included (RYA Day Skipper Theory):
The training package includes:
– RYA Day Skipper shorebased handbook
– 2 RYA training charts for the exercises
– Exercise booklet
– RYA Training almanac
– Shipping (cost depends on your delivery address)
– Portland plotter and dividers (optional – recommended)
Should you have problems with the course or require assistance to go through some of the modules, you can easily call us (+43 664 88360842) or send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will help you to get through
How to book:
Simply fill out the order form!
Click on the button below, choose the course and any extras you would like to add, fill out the form with your details and pay. Upon successful payment, you will receive a confirmation of your purchase with the access codes to the online course. We will also send you the training pack via courier, so please allow it a few days to get to you.
Course delivered in cooperation with Skippers Online