Who is it for?
The RYA SRC radio license (Short Range Certificate) is required by law across the world for any skipper sailing yachts or motorboats kitted with a DSC radio station.
What do you get?
The course is available as an interactive online course or as a classroom course (various Training Centres in Austria). You will learn the fundamentals of the GMDSS system and how to operate a marine radio properly. By the end of the course, you will:
– Know all the fundamentals of the GMDSS system
– Be able to confidently operate a marine radio following the proper protocol
– Understand the benefits of DSC (Digital Selective Calling) and be able to send various types of DSC announcements
– Be confident to launch a Mayday or a PanPan Alert
– Obtain the RYA SRC radio license
RYA SRC radio license – Program
This very interactive online course takes you through the whole program in an engaging and interactive way. Thanks to the use of very realistic radio simulators you will be able to practice the various calls and announcements, including the DSC distress call. You can repeat the exercises as many times as you want.
At the end of the course, there will be a pre-test to be done online, and then join us in one of our centres in Austria or Croatia for the actual final exam.
What’s included and what is not:
– Access to the RYA online course for 1 year
– RYA VHF Handbook (or eBook)
– telephone / email support
– Exam fee (70 GBP – to be paid directly to the RYA)
How to book
Simply click on the button below, fill out the order form and choose your method of payment. Upon successful payment, you will receive a confirmation of your purchase with the access codes to the online course. You can choose between getting the eBook or the printed book, which will be sent to you by post.