Who is it for?
The RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Shorebased course is an intensive theory course to prepare you for the Coastal Skipper practical and a recommended learning to access the Yachtmaster Coastal/Offshore practical preparation and exam.
Theory knowledge at Day Skipper level at the minimum
RYA Yachtmaster Offhore Shorebased – What do you get?
This course will guide you to thoroughly master the process of calculating tidal heights and tidal streams. This will help you calculate your estimated position (EP) and Course To Steer (CTS) in tidal waters. We will also refresh your knowledge about the ‘rules of the road’ (Colregs), signs and signals, weather and more. Extensive time will be spent dealing with passage planning, taking into account all of the elements above, weather and more.
The course is administered over 40+ hours of tuition, split over two weekends, also including some interactive online webinars. There are three exam papers to go through to obtain your certificate. After taking this course you will:
- be able to properly calculate tidal heights and streams
- master the calculation of Course To Steer and be able to safely plan your passage
- go through the 4 essential steps of a passage planning
- obtain the certificate of the RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Shorebased course
- 40+ hours tuition (mix of class and webinar) from an RYA qualified instructor
- Yachtmaster Offshore training package, including:
- RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Shorebased handbook
- 2 RYA training charts for the exercises
- Exercise booklet
- Weather booklet
- Training Almanac
- Telephone or online support
How to book:
Scroll the list of the courses in the box to the right (desktop) or at the bottom (mobile) of the page, choose the date that suits you, and click on it to start the booking process.
If no courses are shown, please give us a call at +43 664 88360842 or send us an email at email@example.com, so we can discuss how we can help