Date(s) - 23/04/2022 - 30/04/2022
Marina Kremik, Primosten (HR)
This is a mixed Coastal Skipper and Competent Crew course. If you are going for the Coastal Skipper, you will have the opportunity to practice leading less experienced crew members. If you are going for the Competent Crew course, you will benefit from seeing more experienced skippers at work. a win-win for both, See below the details for the course you are interested in:
RYA Coastal Skipper
The RYA Coastal Skipper is ideal for already licensed skippers who want to sail further offshore and venture on longer passages, be comfortable with night sailing and learn about different night watch systems
Whilst not compulsory, we recommend taking the Yachtmaster offshore shorebased course, so as to consolidate your theory knowledge necessary for the course. IMPORTANT! To be able to charter a boat, you also need an SRC marine radio license. We recommend to also book our online course and then take the exam when you join us in Croatia.
At the end of the course you will obtain the RYA Coastal Skipper Certificate!
RYA Competent Crew
The RYA Competent Crew course is what you need if you are a beginner with very limited or no sailing experience. You will learn all the basics of sailing, knots, holding a course and assist with navigation. You will become a competent and confident member of the crew, able to assist a skipper in all the maneuvers, and one step closer to becoming yourself a skipper.
At the end of the course you will obtain the RYA Competent Crew Certificate!
Coastal Skipper / Competent Crew course – what’s included and what is not:
– 6 full days of tuition from an RYA qualified instructor
– accommodation in a shared double cabin onboard a modern sailing yacht
– RYA Handbook and RYA scheme Logbook
– Bed linens & towels and final boat cleaning
– Marina fees at home port
– RYA Coastal Skipper or Competent Crew certificate (if successful)
– Food and drinks (also for the instructor)
– Marina / anchorage fees outside of home port
– Diesel and Croatian tourist tax (approx 20 Euro p/p)
– Parking in the Marina (approx 50 Euro/week)
– Travel to/from Primosten